[tlbuild] AIX Power PC UNIX Build

Gilles Crebassa crebassa.gilles at gmail.com
Mon Oct 27 16:05:59 CET 2014

Hi Karl,

I have now successfully compiled the full package of TeXLive 2014 on AIX
6.1 but I don't know what is the necessary for finish the installation.
When I try, I have the error :
This is pdfTeXk, Version 3.141592-1.40.3 (Web2C 7.5.6)
 %&-line parsing enabled.
kpathsea: Running mktexfmt pdflatex.fmt
fmtutil: format directory
`/tmp/TeXLive/2014/bin/powerpc-ibm-aix6.1.0.0/../../texmf-dist/web2c' is
not writable.
I can't find the format file `pdflatex.fmt'!

I suppose it's because I need install all resources from the DVD, but I
don't have any knowledge for 'an install from scratch'.
Do you have a procedure to install theses resources easily ?

Thanks
Gilles

http://about.me/crebassa.gilles