[tlbuild] 2014 builds

Ken Brown kbrow1i at gmail.com
Wed Mar 19 23:11:15 CET 2014

On 3/18/2014 7:08 PM, Karl Berry wrote:
> Hello again TL builders,
>
> Well, I believe the main updates to the sources for 2014 are in.
> No doubt plenty of tweaks remain, but please try an initial build on
> your respective platforms and report any problems.
>
> We're not ready to actually update the binaries in the repository, so
> please don't do that and/or there's no need yet to make the new binaries
> available to me.  Just get the current sources, try a build, and if it
> works, you're good :).  Please let me know either way.

The build is fine on i386-cygwin (except for a failed test in seetexk,
which haven't had a chance to look into yet).  But the build of xetex
fails on x86_64-cygwin with errors like this:

/home/kbrown/src/texlive/test64/Work/libs/harfbuzz/libharfbuzz.a(hb-ot-shape-complex-arabic.o):hb-ot-shape-complex-arabic.cc:(.rdata+0x140):
relocation truncated to fit: R_X86_64_PC32 against
`.text$_ZNK2OT19SubstLookupSubTable8dispatchINS_25hb_get_coverage_context_tEEENT_8return_tEPS3_j'

Ken