[tlbuild] 2014 builds

Peter Breitenlohner peb at mppmu.mpg.de
Wed Mar 19 11:23:03 CET 2014

On Wed, 19 Mar 2014, Mojca Miklavec wrote:

> What about trying to compile the following chunk of code from
> lj_arch.h (possibly simplified or possibly trying to compile the whole
> file since there are other tests further on) as a test in ./configure
> script?
>
> #if defined(__i386) || defined(__i386__) || defined(_M_IX86)
> #else
> #error "No support for this architecture (yet)" #endif
>
> If the compilation fails, simply --disable-luajittex. There are
> zillions of attempts to compile different chunks of code as part of
> ./configure, so why not testing for additional one and spare people
> some pain?
>
> That change would make me really happy: people wouldn't need to
> bother/remember to switch luajittex compilation off.

The problem here is, that such a test can only be done in libs/luajit/,
whereas --disable-luajittex has to be specified at the top-level, in
texk/, or in texk/web2c/.

As for your problem with clang, please try

   $CC $CFLAGS -E lj_arch.h -dM | grep '__i386\|_M_IX86'

with different values for CC and CFLAGS until __i386, __i386__, or _M_IX86
is defined.

=========

Please also look into libs/luajit/config.log for:
    checking for architecture
and tell me the result.  This should be either
    Darwin x86 x64
or
    Darwin x86 x86

Regards