[tlbuild] sparc-solaris builder?

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Sun Mar 9 22:43:52 CET 2014

Hello TeX Live builders,

I hope we'll start trial builds for TL'14 in another week or so.
(That's optimistic, but, well, I can hope.)

One thing I know already is that there are difficulties on
sparc-solaris.  The current sources don't "just build", due to C++ and
probably other madness, no matter what combination of compilers I try.
(Nelson: I'm using sunlit.)

Although I can probably work through the stupidly annoying and painful
source/compiler/library compatibility issues just as I have before, I
get less enthused about spending time on this with every passing year.

So ... I wonder if someone else would be up for handling sparc-solaris
this time.  It does have to be Solaris 10, otherwise the binaries
wouldn't be useful to most people still on sparc.

Just as a sampler, the immediate problem is that configure fails, with
--disable-luajittex specified with:
  configure: error: Sorry, can not preprocess <lj_arch.h>
  === configuring in luajit failed

That's probably pretty easy to deal with, but I know there are more
painful C++ problems lying in wait.

Thanks,
karl