[tlbuild] Question : Build instruction for complete, from source, from scratch install

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Mon Jan 20 00:17:29 CET 2014

I can appreciate the question, but let me echo Paul and Norbert in
saying there is no magic recipe.

Depending on what you are trying to achieve, one approach would be to
copy TL's master tree and use your binaries as "custom binaries"
(described in the docs, etc.).

If you're trying to set up a whole distro, check out Norbert's write-up
for Debian (I expect other distros have something too).  Norbert also
took the trouble to write an article about distributing TL that will be
in the just-mailed TUGboat.  Here is a link just for you and people on
this mailing list :) --
http://tug.org/TUGboat/tb34-3/tb108preining-distro.pdf

Hope this helps,
karl