[tlbuild] gcc vs. clang in icu

Peter Breitenlohner peb at mppmu.mpg.de
Thu Oct 3 14:52:40 CEST 2013

On Wed, Oct 2 2013, Khaled Hosny wrote:

> > Indeed, it will happen on any platform with clang(++) present.

> I was suffered from this today on Linux, building ICU from TeX Live with
> clang is failing. Fortunately, it seems that ICU build respects CC and
> CXX env variables, so I was able to force it to use GCC.

Hi Khaled,

(1) can you please check if the same problem ocuurs for ICU as distributed
(http://download.icu-project.org/files/icu4c/52rc/icu4c-52_rc2-src.tgz).

If so, please report this upstream.  Perhaps they'll fix this for the
release (announced for next week).

(2) I'll see how to handle this in the TeX Live build system.

Regards
Peter Breitenlohner <peb at mppmu.mpg.de>