[tlbuild] asy

Ettore Aldrovandi ealdrov at mail.math.fsu.edu
Wed Apr 3 20:19:56 CEST 2013

On Wed, Apr 03, 2013 at 10:02:52PM +0400, Nikola Lečić wrote:
> On Tue, 2 Apr 2013 23:29:31 +0000
> Karl Berry <karl at freefriends.org> wrote:
>
> > TL build folk,
> >
> > First, I've committed asymptote 2.21 sources.  Bowman is working on
> > another release, but expects changes to be small.  I will not be
> > updating the runtime until after the freeze, so it won't run, but I
> > figured we could at least try compilations.  (It worked for me.)  So
> > feel free to give that compile a shot now if you wish.
>
> asymptote-2.21 fails on FreeBSD with:
>
> g++ -Wall -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64  -D_THREAD_SAFE -pthread -DFFTWPP_SINGLE_THREAD -I/usr/local/include  -fno-var-tracking  -I .  -o interact.o -c interact.cc
> interact.cc: In function 'char* interact::readpipeline(const char*)':
> interact.cc:90: error: 'getline' was not declared in this scope
> gmake: *** [interact.o] Error 1

It fails in exactly the same way on Solaris 10 i386/x86_64.  (I got
asy to compile by reverting interact.cc to the previous revision.)

It does compile on Solaris 11.1 i386/x86_64, but then again, Solaris 11 does have readline.

--Ettore

--
Ettore Aldrovandi
Department of Mathematics, Florida State University