[tlbuild] trial builds for TL'13

Apostolos Syropoulos asyropoulos at gmail.com
Thu Mar 28 08:45:38 CET 2013

2013/3/28 Karl Berry <karl at freefriends.org>

>     kpathsea/c-memstr.h loads <string.h> while FileFinder.cpp loads
>     <string> which caused the problem.
>
> Thanks, but that patch looks too intrusive to me.  I doubt we want
> to omit reading <string.h> in every compilation using g++ just because
> one file in dvisvgm creates a conflict.  There has to be a better way to
> handle it.  Preferably by changing dvisvgm, not kpathsea.

This was not meant to be included in the source tree. The point was to show
was caused the problem. Frankly, I think this should be detected by all
compilers since using both

#include <string>
#include <string.h> //this is done indirectly

looks quite problematic to me.

> The other patch, for uposixdefs.h, also looks problematic to me, I'm
> sorry to say.  It would affect not just your compilations with the
> latest OpenSolaris but any compilation on a Sun with any version of any
> OS.  It does not seem implausible to me that _XOPEN_SOURCE_EXTENDED is
> actually desirable/needed in other cases ...

If you do have some spare time, please read that bug report that I posted
in a previous
message, and see what is best.  (BTW, there is no OpenSolaris: just Illumos
based
distros, e.g., OpenIndiana, StormOS, etc, and Solaris 11).

Best regards,

A.S.

--
Apostolos Syropoulos