[tlbuild] powerpc-linux builds

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Wed Mar 27 23:30:31 CET 2013

    everything OK on powerpc-linux, xindy included.

Great.

    (btw: I'm still using the clisp binary I compiled for TL 2010, is
    that still OK or will we need a more recent one?)

It's fine to keep the old version, there's no benefit to a newer clisp
for our (xindy) purposes, and I do not advise updating without a
specific reason to do.

As it happens, I just went through the pain of updating clisp myself,
since I had to start compiling for i386-linux in a new environment.  So
I'll be updating the instructions in utils/README in a little while;I
ran into some of the same problems that Mojca reported some time ago (*).

Thanks,

(*) http://tug.org/pipermail/tlbuild/2012q2/002269.html
BTW, Mojca, I believe part of the problem was a typo in your configure
line as reported there: --with-libinconv-prefix instead of
--with-libiconv-prefix.  However, the final mips opcode failures still
seems like a killer.