[tlbuild] trial builds for TL'13

Alan BRASLAU alan.braslau at cea.fr
Tue Mar 26 08:10:00 CET 2013

On Mon, 25 Mar 2013 23:46:37 +0000
Karl Berry <karl at freefriends.org> wrote:

>             export MAKE=gmake
>
> I don't want to insert detection code into the Build script.  That's
> not what it's for.  Just do the export MAKE=gmake and be happy,
> please. (Mojca, that should indeed be fine.)
>
> Thanks,
> Karl

The luatex build script uses the following.
I cannot fathom why this cannot also be part of TeXlive?
It's simply good practice.

# try to find gnu make; we may need it
MAKE=make;
if make -v 2>&1| grep "GNU Make" >/dev/null
then
  echo "Your make is a GNU-make; I will use that"
elif gmake -v >/dev/null 2>&1
then
  MAKE=gmake;
  export MAKE;
  echo "You have a GNU-make installed as gmake; I will use that"
else
  echo "I can't find a GNU-make; I'll try to use make and hope that
works." echo "If it doesn't, please install GNU-make."
fi

--
Alan Braslau
CEA DSM-IRAMIS-SPEC