[tlbuild] trial builds for TL'13

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Sat Mar 23 22:18:06 CET 2013

Hello TeX Live builders.  The most significant sources intended for
TL'13 have been committed, so please try your builds.  (Don't commit any
new binaries though!)

Please report problems here.  It would be great to do give it a first
try asap, since our guru Peter B is going to leave for vacation in a few
days.

Just FYI, for i386-linux, I ended up building with gcc 4.6.3.  Older
(gcc3, gcc4.1.2) and newer (gcc 4.7.2) versions failed in various
"interesting" ways.  gcc3 is no longer possible at all due to
requirements imposed by the newfangled libraries.

I'd like to hear about all of your various environments -- gcc version,
overall os and/or kernel version, any notes that would be useful to
someone else using your system who wants to compile the sources.  Ok to
send that info just to me, or here to the list, whichever you like.

If you know you won't be able to do the build for your system this year,
please let me know asap.  Likewise if there are systems to be added or
deleted, especially wrt the ARM-family madness.

Thanks,
karl

alpha-linux - Norbert Preining
amd64-freebsd - Nikola Le&#x10d;i&#x107;  <!-- \v{c}i\'c -->
amd64-kfreebsd - Alan Braslau
armel-linux - Boris Veytsman
armhf-linux - Simon Dales
i386-cygwin - Ken Brown