[tlbuild] TL2012 aix 4.3 build report

Peter Breitenlohner peb at mppmu.mpg.de
Wed Jan 2 09:52:05 CET 2013

On Wed, 16 May 2012, Peter Breitenlohner wrote:

> On Wed, 16 May 2012, Vladimir Volovich wrote:
>
>> 2) aix-patch-freetype2.diff - use $CONFIG_SHELL in freetype's
>> builds/unix/detect.mk
>>   otherwise the build fails.
>
> is this same patch required for a stand alone build of freetype-2.4.9?

Hi Vladimir,

you never answered my last question.  Anyway, I now have applied a somewhat
similar patch to freetype-2.4.11 (r28693).  If you can confirm that this
works for you, I'll suggest that patch to Werner Lemberg and perhaps it will
be included in furure versions.

BTW: Depending on your $PATH and on the path of a good shell, it is quite
possible that you do not need CONFIG_SHELL in the environment and can run
the top-level configure with /bin/sh.  That script should detect that
/bin/sh is not good enough, search for a good shell, put CONFIG_SHELL into
the environment, and re-execute itself under the good shell.

To test this simply run the top-level configure and look for a line
   SHELL = your_good_shell
in the top-level Makefile.

Regards
Peter