[tlbuild] poppler and xetex

Peter Breitenlohner peb at mppmu.mpg.de
Mon Nov 26 09:36:18 CET 2012

On Mon, 26 Nov 2012, Norbert Preining wrote:

> Ok, but do we *really* need 0.20 in the other progs, or is it only
> for POPPLER_VERSION?

Hi Norbert,

not really, 0.18 would otherwise suffice.  I had increased the requirement
to 0.18 in order to get rid of the check for Annot::decRefCnt in
configure.ac.  I the thought 0.18 would also define POPPLER_VERSION and
removed it from kpse-poppler-flags.m4 (note that it is still present in
kpse-xpdf-flags.m4 where it serves to detect the use of poppler instead of
xpdf).  I somehow hate to reintroduce POPPLER_VERSION into
kpse-poppler-flags.m4 and prefer to require 0.20.  I assume for the next
stable Debian packages you will have poppler-0.20.  The basic policiy is
that who ever wants to use system libraries has to have suitable versions.
Nevertheless I could reintroduce POPPLER_VERSION into kpse-poppler-flags.m4
if that turns out to be very important.

Regards
Peter