[tlbuild] progress report on libXaw3d-1.6.2

Apostolos Syropoulos asyropoulos at gmail.com
Sat Apr 21 04:32:16 CEST 2012

2012/4/21 Nelson H. F. Beebe <beebe at math.utah.edu>

> [The curious bin/amd64 (and bin/sparcv9) are the Solaris 10 and 11
> conventions for the locations of 64-bit executables; libraries are in
> lib/64/.]

a friend of mine who did some research told me that the 64 bit architecture
was based on the AMD processors so the name is not that curious, BTW,
bin/64 is a symlink to bin/amd64.

> On all BSD flavors, IRIX, Mac OS X (PowerPC and x86_64), and Solaris
> 10 (SPARC and x86_64), the builds failed because the configure script
> requires that pkg-config be able to report the locations of various
> X11 libraries.  I have not been able to figure out successfully how to
> do that via environment variables (which, according to configure

To the best of my knowledge it is not possible with environment
variables. You could just copy the .pc files and modify them
accordingly. That's a quick that I did once when I was still
using Solaris 10.

Regards,
A.S.

--