[tlbuild] bibtex8 and glob_str_size

Alan BRASLAU alan.braslau at cea.fr
Thu Apr 19 16:43:21 CEST 2012

Hello,

I updated my TeXlive 2011 using tlmgr and
/usr/local/texlive/2011/texmf/web2c/texmf.cnf
was modified (on the 17th of April).
Since then, bibtex8 now fails with "11 is a bad bad".

I noticed discussion about this concerning new builds
(and I understand that bibtex8 has been fixed)
but the change has broken current installations
(using a bibtex8 binary dated 14 Jun 2011:
bibtex8 --version
This is 8-bit Big BibTeX version 0.99d
Implementation:  C for Unix
Release version: 3.71 (31 May 2005)
)

If the problem is with glob_str_size,
this needs to be restored to its previous value
in the current TeXlive, and only increased
once new, fixed binaries are distributed.

Thank you

Alan

--
Alan Braslau