[tlbuild] sparc-linux (bigendian?) failure in icu

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Wed Apr 18 01:31:58 CEST 2012

    Could it be that none of the above works for sparc-linux?

I don't know.  I don't see any easy way to determine what CPP symbols
are defined as what at that point in the code.  I'm also tired of
dealing with ICU's problems for such an obscure and little-used
platform.  I have other things to do.  So my plan is simply to drop
sparc-linux this year, barring some other volunteer coming forward to
deal with it.  (I'll write tex-live about it soon.)

I tried disabling xetex+xdvipdfmx+bibtexu to avoid needing any ICU, but
problems remained, so I guess it's all or nothing.  Specifically, I got
tons of msgs like this:
libluatex.a(libluatex_a-pdffont.o): In function `make_font_copy':
/u/guest/karl/tl/Build/source/Work/texk/web2c/../../../texk/web2c/luatexdir/pdf/pdffont.w:452: undefined reference to `maketexs'
/u/guest/karl/tl/Build/source/Work/texk/web2c/../../../texk/web2c/luatexdir/pdf/pdffont.w:453: undefined reference to `Ê'

Anyway ...


More information about the tlbuild mailing list