[tlbuild] mtx and libp2c

Bob Tennent rdt at cs.queensu.ca
Mon Apr 16 19:10:24 CEST 2012

 >|>    > Only the mtx-0.60d tarball has been revised.  It now supports
 >|building
 >|>    > the prepmx binary without fpc (the Free Pascal Compiler)
 >|by providing
 >|>    > p2c-translated C source files and source files for libp2c.
 >|>
 >|> Sounds good, but I think I will let Peter take care of integrating it (a
 >|> la pmx) upon his return while I work on other things.
 >|
 >|done (with minor changes) in r25988.  As for mtx is would be nice to have
 >|some documentation (manpage?), the supporting script, and a simple test
 >|case.

Thanks Peter.  Note that to avoid conflicting with

http://linux.die.net/man/1/mtx

the package name has become m-tx.  All you're asking for is
available at

http://www.ctan.org/tex-archive/support/m-tx

in the m-tx.texmf.zip archive.  A suitable test case would be

doc/generic/m-tx/mtx060/mozart.mtx

The terminal output of

  $ prepmx mozart

is

  ==> This is M-Tx 0.60d (Music from TeXt) <11 October 2008>
  ==>> Input from file mozart.mtx
  Writing to mozart.pmx
  You have not defined Meter, assuming "C" : WARNING in preamble
  PrePMX done.  Now run PMX.

Best,
Bob T.