[tlbuild] mtx and libp2c

Reinhard Kotucha reinhard.kotucha at web.de
Mon Apr 9 07:42:50 CEST 2012

On 2012-04-08 at 21:56:07 -0400, Bob Tennent wrote:

 >  >|Don't know what you intend to do.  Maybe things can be remain as
 >  >|they are (as proposed by Karl and Martin).  But if you consider
 >  >|renaming the files, then *please* don't care about the 8.3
 >  >|scheme.
 >
 > I'm just the maintainer at CTAN for these packages, not the
 > developers.

I know.  I just assumed that you are in close contact with the
developers.

 > But the name m-tx is used upstream and at Debian, so I think I
 > could re-name the package m-tx without offending anyone. The binary
 > is prepmx and is presumably inoffensive. That leaves the wrapper
 > script, mtx.lua.  If necessary, it could be re-named; would
 > m-tx.lua suffice?

Yes, that would be great.

There would be a program (actually a symlink) "m-tx" in every Unix
bin/ directory and "m-tx.exe" in bin/win32.  If the base name of the
Lua script is the same as that of the .exe file, everything is
supposed to work out-of-the-box.

How things work on Windows is best explained in

  bin/win32/runscript.tlu

Or, if you don't have w32-binaries installed, look at

  http://tug.org/texlive/devsrc/Master/bin/win32/runscript.tlu

On Unix there are symlinks instead of wrapper scripts, but the
requirements in respect of file names are the same.

Regards,
  Reinhard

Marschnerstr. 25