[tlbuild] xetex on sparc-solaris dumps core using opentype fonts

Vladimir Volovich vvv at vsu.ru
Thu Jun 16 15:34:19 CEST 2011

"AS" == Apostolos Syropoulos writes:

 >> On Do, 16 Jun 2011, George N. White III wrote:
 >>> This is XeTeX, Version 3.1415926-2.3-0.9997.5 (TeX Live 2011)

 >> restricted \write18 enabled.  > entering extended mode >
 >> (./x-story.texSegmentation Fault(coredump)
 >>
 >> On x86_64 running fine.  This is XeTeX, Version
 >> 3.1415926-2.3-0.9997.5 (TeX Live 2011) restricted \write18 enabled.
 >> ...  Output written on x-story.pdf (1 page).  Transcript written on
 >> x-story.log.

 AS> I processing very complex documents on Solaris x86 using either
 AS> x86_64 or i386 xetex binaries with no problem. On the other hand, a
 AS> possible explanation would be the fact that solaris-sparc binaries
 AS> are compiled on Solaris 8 and George uses Solaris 10.

I see full debugging info present in George's report, which means that
he was using non-stripped binaries, i.e. he likely compiled himself,
because i've stripped the binaries which i've built on Solaris 8, and
they don't contain debugging info.

George, please clarify which binaries you were using - did you build
them yourself (and on which compiler)? are you getting the same problem
when using sparc-solaris binaries which i've committed a few days ago?

Best,
v.