[tlbuild] Binaries changed between r22826 and r22851

Peter Breitenlohner peb at mppmu.mpg.de
Wed Jun 8 07:46:26 CEST 2011

On Tue, 7 Jun 2011, Nikola Le?i? wrote:

> I've just built r22851 on {i386,amd64}-freebsd and expected to see only
> detex updated. However, this appeared:
>
> M       xindy.mem
> M       xdvi-xaw
> M       luatex
> M       dvipng
> M       detex
>
> Why luatex, xindy.mem etc. changed between r22826 and r22851? Is this
> expected?

Hi Nikola,

As you say the change in detex was expected.  Luatex uses a `-D' with the
current date and clisp stores the creation date of the dump file in
xindy.mem, so these two are expected as well.

For xdvi-xaw and dvipng I don't know, but I also find these two (plus a few
more) modified for x86_64-linux.  In one case the compiler had used a
slightly different but equivalent assignment of registers -- no idea why.

Regards
Peter