[tlbuild] [tex-live] xdv2pdf not respecting CC=... CXX=...

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Tue Jun 7 01:36:05 CEST 2011

Hi Mojca,

    If I try to change CC=... and CXX=... it works perfectly well for
    all programs but for xdv2pdf which simply ignores the flag.

    (I have tried to build with "./Build --disable-all-pkgs
    --enable-xdv2pdf CC=llvm-gcc CXX=llvm-g++" this time.)

1. Please send build problems like this to tlbuild.  In particular,
Peter B is on tlbuild (but not tex-live) and is often able to look at
such things before me.

2. xdv2pdf is implemented in Objective C, rather than C or C++.
I believe the analogous variable to change is OBJC.

3. If that doesn't fly, let us know and we will look.

Best,
Karl