[tlbuild] ttfdump test fails on Cygwin

Ken Brown kbrow1i at gmail.com
Thu May 12 16:26:00 CEST 2011

On 5/12/2011 9:04 AM, Peter Breitenlohner wrote:
> On Thu, 12 May 2011, Ken Brown wrote:
>
>> I'm not sure why ttfdump is producing output with DOS line endings on
>> Cygwin, but I don't think it should.
>
> Hi Ken,
>
> the output file is opened with
> fopen(dumpname, "wt")
> and I am not sure what "wt" is supposed to do on Cygwin. I think there
> certainly shouldn't be "wb" because that would be wrong for MinGW and
> native
> Windows.

I see that you've checked in the 'diff -b' fix to make the test pass.
Thanks.

Just for the record, I think that the right mode for the fopen call
would be "w".  I checked that this correctly produces a file with unix
line endings on Cygwin and DOS line endings with a MinGW compiler.  (I
don't know about native Windows, though.)

But this isn't worth worrying about.

Regards,

Ken