[tlbuild] starting builds

Ken Brown kbrow1i at gmail.com
Sat Apr 30 22:29:32 CEST 2011

On 4/29/2011 5:43 PM, Karl Berry wrote:
> Well, there may be a couple more pdftex tweaks coming, but let's give
> the TL 2011 builds a first attempt.  Please don't commit any binaries
> yet (and no need to send me anything) -- we can't do that until we
> freeze net updates.  But let's find out if there are any compilation
> problems and go from there.

In addition to the ptexlib.h glitch reported by others, I hit a snag
building clisp-2.49 on Cygwin.  I suspect I could track down the
problem, but I wonder how important this is.  Is it OK to just use last
year's build of clisp-2.48?

For the record, here's how the build of clisp-2.49 failed:

gcc -g -O2 -W -Wswitch -Wcomment -Wpointer-arith -Wimplicit
-Wreturn-type -Wmissing-declarations -Wno-sign-compare
-Wno-format-nonliteral -O2 -fexpensive-optimizations -falign-functions=4
-DENABLE_UNICODE -DDYNAMIC_MODULES -DNO_READLINE -DNO_GETTEXT -I.
-Wl,--export-all-symbols modules.o regexi.o libgnu_rx.a calls.o
bogomips.o libgnu_sc.a -lcrypt -luser32 -lole32 -loleaut32 -luuid
gettext.o lisp.a lisp.def -lncurses -liconv -L/tmp/clisp/clisp-tools/lib
-lsigsegv libgnu_cl.a -o lisp.exe
calls.o: In function `C_subr_posix_file_properties':
/tmp/clisp/clisp-2.49/modules/syscalls/calls.c:4209: undefined reference
to `_IID_IPropertySetStorage'
calls.o: In function `C_subr_posix_shortcut_info':
/tmp/clisp/clisp-2.49/modules/syscalls/calls.c:3563: undefined reference
to `_IID_IPersistFile'
calls.o: In function `C_subr_posix_make_shortcut':
/tmp/clisp/clisp-2.49/modules/syscalls/calls.c:3525: undefined reference
to `_IID_IPersistFile'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
./clisp-link: failed in /tmp/clisp/clisp-build/base
make: *** [base] Error 1

This might be one of those cases where the problem is the order in which
the libraries are listed on the gcc command line, but I haven't tried to
look into it yet.

Ken