[tlbuild] Stripping the luatex binary

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Thu Apr 28 23:13:41 CEST 2011

    I'm on OS X 10.6. Running ./Build ends with:
    Undefined symbols:
      "_u_getDataDirectory_46", referenced from:
          _main in makeconv.o

Hmm.  u_getDataDirectory is defined in icu-4.6/common/putil.c.  So the
question is apparently where this _46 suffix is being added and how to
stop it (or add it to definition).  That's not something I want to delve
into, even if I had access to such a system (which I don't), sorry.

    make[5]: *** No rule to make target `mplibdir/lmplib.c', needed by
    `libluatex_a-lmplib.o'.  Stop.  make[4]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1

Well, that file does exist, in source/texk/web2c/mplibdir/lmplib.c.
If this wasn't a completely fresh Build, definitely try that first.

Otherwise, all I can think of is to run it again, let it fail, and then
rerun make -rd in the directory where it failed, which will output
voluminous debugging information about what is going on.

(Ordinarily the directories involved in a run are output by make with
"Entering directory" and "Leaving directory" lines.)

karl