[tlbuild] Stripping the luatex binary

Taco Hoekwater taco at elvenkind.com
Sun Apr 10 08:46:19 CEST 2011

On 04/09/2011 01:31 PM, Peter Breitenlohner wrote:
> On Sat, 9 Apr 2011, Taco Hoekwater wrote:

> Hi Taco,
>
> first, can you please clarify: does lua plan to have a shared library for
> Unix (I suppose all of them, not just OS X), or do you want to do this just
> for luaTeX? And related: are the current extension modules a general lua
> feature or something special for luaTeX?

Answered by Philipp.

> In either case you should allow for sufficient time to integrate these not
> entirely trivial steps into TL.

Of course. The main issue is that we need some patches that make our
lua not quite the same as stock lua. Changes are small, but present
nonetheless, and not all can be removed easily. But let's discuss this
after texlive 2011 is done, not now. I still have lots to do before
Friday.

Best wishes,
Taco