[tlbuild] Binaries in TL source [trunk]

Angelo Graziosi angelo.graziosi at alice.it
Sat Mar 19 09:58:57 CET 2011

Il 18/03/2011 23.28, Reinhard Kotucha ha scritto:
> On 2011-03-18 at 23:01:56 +0100, Angelo Graziosi wrote:
>
>   >  Just out of curiosity, why has current trunk about 120MB of binaries
>   >  (biber?) under 'utils' folder?
>
> There are some explanations in
>
>     Build/source/utils/biber/README

Hmm.. At the first sight, but this is only my opinion, it does not seem
good to mix binaries and sources. If biber is third part binaries why
not to install them likewise '-custom-bin' option works?

For example, an user that wants to install biber should be warned to
download the biber binaries packages of his/her platform from some site,
then the installation should be:

/tlnet/install -biber-bin PATH_TO_BIBER_BIN...

But as I stated, this is only my opinion.

Thanks for pointing me to the README.

Ciao,
Angelo.