[tlbuild] "dvi2tty" test failure

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Fri Jan 28 00:37:04 CET 2011

    ./dvips: DVI file can't be opened:
    ../../../texk/dvipsk/testdata/quotecmd.dvi: No such file or
    directory

Thanks, I've added the .dvi to the repo.  It was indeed always supposed
to be there.

    I suppose that the test passed because dvips exited with status != 0.

The test passed because the pwned.txt file wasn't created (see
quotecmd-test.pl).  dvips's exit status doesn't matter.

    gzip: ../../../texk/dvipsk/testdata/ 2>&1 | echo badnews > pwned.txt #.gz: unexpected end of file

However, gzip shouldn't have been executed at all; it isn't for me.
I get
 Could not find figure file  2>&1 [...]