[tlbuild] pdftoepdf is missing FREETYPE_INCLUDES

Peter Breitenlohner peb at mppmu.mpg.de
Thu Sep 23 18:08:42 CEST 2010

On Thu, 23 Sep 2010, Edd Barrett wrote:

> I notice that if you build texlive 2010 (using the distributors
> tarballs) with the system freetype, the targets for pdftoepdf in
> pdftex and luatex are missing flags specified by
> --with-freetype-includes.
>
> I can't seem to untangle the autotools stuff here, but basically,
> configure needs to substitute FREETYPE_INCLUDES (as detected in
> configure) into texk/web2c/Makefile.in. I attempted to add to the top
> of the Makefile.in a FREETYPE_INCLUDES = @FREETYPE_INCLUDES@, but
> there appears to be more to it.

(1) for historical reasons this is '--with-freetype2-includes' and
FREETYPE2_INCLUDES (ttf2pk unfortunately still needs freetype-1.5).

(2) or did you run autoconf or otherwise rebuild configure? There are still
problems with autoconf-2.67, but they should be fixed by tomorrow.

Regards
Peter Breitenlohner <peb at mppmu.mpg.de>