[tlbuild] permissions of the devil

Reinhard Kotucha reinhard.kotucha at web.de
Tue Aug 17 22:27:49 CEST 2010

On 17 August 2010 Paul Vojta wrote:

 > Folks:
 >
 > The following files in the texlive repository are world-writable
 > (perms 666):
 >
 > Master/texmf-dist/fonts/vf/public/eulervm/zeurb5.vf
 > [...]

The installer respects the setting of umask.

Or do you think that the repository is unsafe?  I don't think that
file permissions matter there at all because all files are in a
database and can't be accessed directly by people who have an account
at tug.org:

$ ls -ld /home/svn/texlive/db/
drwxrwsr-x 6 karl svn 4096 Aug  1 17:00 /home/svn/texlive/db/

Only people who have an svn account can change files in the
repository.

Regards,
  Reinhard

Marschnerstr. 25