[tlbuild] sparc-solaris: luatex SIGBUS in hnj_hyphenation

George N. White III gnwiii at gmail.com
Thu Jun 17 14:04:25 CEST 2010

2010/6/17 Vladimir Volovich <vvv at vsu.ru>:
> "GNW" == George N White writes:
>
>  GNW> 1) luatex formats not sharable across platforms (not sure if this
>  GNW> has been addressed yet)
> [...]
>  GNW> 2) the signed catcode problem with the SS compiler
>  GNW> resolved
>
>  GNW> 3) LuaTools | fileio: variable 'SELFAUTO...' set incorrectly on
>  GNW> <arch>=sparc-sun-solaris2.10 (as chosen by configure)
>  GNW> resolved
>
> there was one more problem (as far as i understand, it is distinct from
> problem 3 above, since problem 3 was not manifesting in a crash, but a
> problem below was manifesting in a crash with core dump):
>
>  GNW> On sparc-solaris context dies with "MTXrun | fatal error: no
>  GNW> return code, message: luatex: execution interrupted", but leaves a
>  GNW> core file.
>
>  GNW> program terminated by signal BUS (invalid address alignment)
>  GNW> 0x000e5c28: hnj_hyphenation+0x053c:     ld       [%l4 + 4], %i1
>
> is it fixed?

I can't reproduce it now -- it was not present in my SS12 build after
I applied the signed
catcode and luatools fixes to my svn snapshot, but that snapshot may have been
a bit newer than what was used to build the previous sparc-solaris binaries, so
either it was a result of one of the fixed bugs or was fixed by some
other change.

In any case, the problem is not present in the current binaries
(revision: 19004).

Head of St. Margarets Bay, Nova Scotia