[tlbuild] TeX Live 2010 Regression Test Failure on OpenBSD

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Mon Jun 14 23:12:23 CEST 2010

Hi Edd,

    > I ran GDB on this and here is the backtrace:
    Did this get noticed?

It got noticed but I remain stymied.  Setting up an openbsd
environment will take more time.

So ... meanwhile: if you compiled with optimization, try turning that
off.  If you haven't tried on a different system (x86 instead of
amd64?), or with a different compiler, that could be worth doing.

Finally, given this line:
576         planes[c/PLANE][c%PLANE]->tag = tag;

Presumably it is dereferencing unallocated memory, but it's far from
clear what that is or how it happened.  How about printing all the
relevant values, e.g.,
p c
p c/0x10000
p planes[$]
p c%0x10000
p planes[c/0x10000][c%0x10000]
p *$

And see where in there we run into the problem.  No idea if the above
will tell us, but it's somewhere to start.

karl