[tlbuild] 2010 builds

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Fri Jun 11 01:15:37 CEST 2010

    j> calling isspace('\264') leads to undefined behaviour

That is why I suggested redefining isspace() to be a function that does
have defined behavior on all values.

   peb> I think this is too gcc specific.  For a portable solution one
   would need
   static int c_isspace (int c)
   {
     return (c == ' ' || c == '\t' || c == '\n' ||
             c == '\v' || c == '\f' || c == '\r');
   }

Yes, much better.  Wasn't paying enough attention to the new code.

    I wouldn't add inline because this might again reduce portability,

Definitely agreed.

    so maybe all we need to do is to ensure this, e.g., in line 847:
       Char = (unsigned char)*BufPtr++;

If you prefer to introduce casts instead of redefining isspace(), it's
ok with me.  Using the isspace() above seems simpler to me, but I don't
have strong feelings about it.

Thanks,
karl