[tlbuild] tl release candidate rebuild

Reinhard Kotucha reinhard.kotucha at web.de
Mon Jun 7 14:25:52 CEST 2010

On 7 June 2010 Norbert Preining wrote:

 > On Mo, 07 Jun 2010, Karl Berry wrote:
 > >     'making ConTeXt MkIV cache with luatools --generate, be patient...'
 > >
 > > 1) context mkiv requires that cache.
 > > 2) context always looks for it in the user-specific TEXMFVAR.
 > > 3) if you want to change it, you can change TEXMFVAR in install-tl.
 > > 4) your msg makes me realize that we should mention this more prominently.
 >
 > Karl: We *might* do the following change:
 > If running on Unix, and running as root, we do NOT create teh cache,
 > as we might be in a multi user installation ....

It isn't sufficient to check whether you are root.  Imagine that there
is a dedicated account "texadmin".  Then the problem still exists.

In my opinion, if ConTeXt expects the files always in the
user-specific TEXMFVAR, users have to create the files themselves.
Then the installer shouldn't do anything.  And a single-user system
is not an exception then.  I suppose that the ConTeXt documentation
already explains how to setup things, and I think this is sufficient.

Regards,
  Reinhard

Marschnerstr. 25