[tlbuild] tl release candidate rebuild

Norbert Preining preining at logic.at
Mon Jun 7 04:11:12 CEST 2010

On Mo, 07 Jun 2010, T T wrote:
> On 7 June 2010 01:22, Manuel Pégourié-Gonnard <mpg at elzevir.fr> wrote:
> > But is it sensible to try generating this cache at install-tl time?
>
> Shouldn't that be "at install time" (either install-tl or tlmgr)?

No, it is *ONLY* at install-tl time, *not* tlmgr intall time.

Otherwise we should move the code to the context postinst script
(which is possible) and it will be executed *every* time it is
installed or upgraded, but Taco said it is ok if it is done only
at (initial) installation time.

Taco??? Did we missunderstand you here?

SO currently:
install-tl scheme-minimal
followed by
	tlmgr install scheme-context
doe NOT (!!!!) generate the cache!!!

Best wishes

Norbert
UMBERLEIGH (n.)
The awful moment which follows a dorchester (q.v.) when a speaker
weighs up whether to repeat an amusing remark after nobody laughed the
last time. To be on the horns of an umberleigh is to wonder whether
people didn't hear the remark, or whether they did hear it and just
didn't think it was funny, which was why somebody coughed.
			--- Douglas Adams, The Meaning of Liff