[tlbuild] tl release candidate rebuild

Manuel Pégourié-Gonnard mpg at elzevir.fr
Mon Jun 7 02:55:59 CEST 2010

Le 07/06/2010 02:31, Karl Berry a écrit :
>     But is it sensible to try generating this cache at install-tl time?
>
> When else?  As I understand it, ctx is not prepared to generate it on
> the fly, but maybe I am wrong.

Well, just to be clear: I don't see any perfect solution.

>     a cache in root's home will probably not help
>
> Certainly, but we also don't recommend installing TL as root.

Sure, but even if TL is not installed as root, it means other users have to
generate the cache manually, while the person who installed doesn't, which can
lead to misunderstandings ("works out of the box for me, should work for you").

But then again, I've got no better proposition to do...

Manuel.