[tlbuild] build failure: libs/zziplib/zziplib-0.13.58/zzip/stat.c needs #include <strings.h> for strcasecmp

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Thu May 27 19:37:30 CEST 2010

    linux man page for strcasecmp says that it is defined in <strings.h>
    as well..

So it does, missed that.  Seems equally wrong.  So I wonder how it was
ever found.  It certainly compiles for me (and everyone else).  Can't
check right now.  I wonder what POSIX actually says about it.

    maybe a configure test should be done?

As I said, I have strong doubts that we ever want to include
<strings.h>.  I think that will lead into a morass of clashing
prototypes.  A replacement function seems much cleaner.

I remember going through this in previous years too.

Sigh.