[tlbuild] Building failure[xindy]

Peter Breitenlohner peb at mppmu.mpg.de
Mon May 17 10:47:55 CEST 2010

On Fri, 14 May 2010, Angelo Graziosi wrote:

> checking for clisp runtime... /tmp/clisp/clisp-build/
> base/lisp.exe
>
> is on TWO lines, and '/tmp/clisp/clisp-build/base/lisp.exe' is not found! But
> it *really* exists!

Hi Angelo,

this looks as if there is some unwanted newline or space creeping in.

can you try to run
   echo "\"`/tmp/clisp/clisp-build/clisp  -q -norc -x '(progn (princ
        *lib-directory*) (values))'`\""
(all in one line) and see if the result is
   "/tmp/clisp/clisp-build/"
or
   "/tmp/clisp/clisp-build/ "
or maybe
   "/tmp/clisp/clisp-build/
"

In my case (with clisp in PATH) I get
   "/usr/lib/clisp-2.48/"
without trailing white space.

This could also be caused by your shell.

I'll have to think how to best handle this.

For the moment you could use:
   --with-clisp-runtime=/tmp/clisp/clisp-build/base/lisp.exe

Regards
Peter Breitenlohner <peb at mppmu.mpg.de>