[tlbuild] Problem solved:: Cannot compile on OpenSolaris

Apostolos Syropoulos asyropoulos at gmail.com
Mon Apr 26 14:25:50 CEST 2010

2010/4/26 Peter Breitenlohner <peb at mppmu.mpg.de>

> Hi Apostolos,
>
> thanks for analyzing the problem.  In order to completely fix/avoid this
> I'd
> need some OpenSolaris specific information.
>
> (1) in your first run, the one which failed, did you have /usr/gnu/bin in
> your PATH? If so, certainly after the directory of Solaris sed.

No, I do not have this in my path. Let me that I have compiled most of the
binaries
included in /usr/gnu/bin and I have installed then in /opt/gnu/bin. Since I
have not
compiled GNUsed, compilation was failing. The main reason I have compiled
all
these GNU tools is to always have the very latest version.

> (2) do you still have the output (Work/build.log) from your first run, or
> if
> not could your try that once again?

No but I have "recompiled " TeXLive and I am attaching the file

> In Work/build.log there are lines "checking for a sed that does"..., what
> is
> the result? Solaris sed or GNU sed?

checking for a sed that does not truncate output... /bin/gsed

This is from build.log so this means that it is able to find the "proper"
sed but it does not use it at that point.

> (3) do you know what part of the expression can't be handled by Solaris
> sed?

OK after doing some search I have found the root of the problem: Modify file
source/texk/web2c/configure as
follows:

*** configure    2010-04-26 15:22:39.948579493 +0300
--- configure.new    2010-04-26 15:23:21.814565243 +0300
***************
*** 21094,21100 ****

  ## KPSE_LT_HACK: Prevent libtool from linking dependency_libs
  if test "x$enable_libtool_hack" = xyes; then
!   sed '/# Convert "-framework/i \
      ## KPSE_LT_HACK: ignore dependency_libs\
      test "X$installed" = Xyes && dependency_libs=\
  ' "$ofile" >"$cfgfile"
--- 21094,21100 ----

  ## KPSE_LT_HACK: Prevent libtool from linking dependency_libs
  if test "x$enable_libtool_hack" = xyes; then
!   sed '/# Convert "-framework/i\
      ## KPSE_LT_HACK: ignore dependency_libs\
      test "X$installed" = Xyes && dependency_libs=\
  ' "$ofile" >"$cfgfile"

In different words, just delete the space after the i modifier.

Kind regards,
A.S.

--
Apostolos Syropoulos