[tlbuild] I cannot build TeXLive under OpenSolaris x86_64

Apostolos Syropoulos asyropoulos at gmail.com
Mon Mar 29 21:07:30 CEST 2010

Hello,

After successfully compiling TeXLive under x86_64-pc-solaris2.11 I tested
the resulting binaries. pdfeTeX, dvips
and most other binaries wok as expected.  Also, I have used xelatex to
"compile" two big texts. The first one
is a book about programming and I have to say that there was no problem. The
second one is a book about
XeLaTeX itself, but this "compilation" failed with the following message:

[84] [85]
** ERROR ** File ended prematurely

Output file removed.
Segmentation Fault (core dumped)

As some point there is a supertabular environment and if I put an \endinput
just before the environment, xetex
completes the job.. Of course, the previous binary from the TeXLive 2009
sources had no problem processing the
unmodified file. I cannot be sure, but I suspect this is a XeTeX problem
because I had a similar problem
with an older version of XeTeX.

Kind regards,

Apostolos