[tlbuild] I cannot build TeXLive under OpenSolaris x86_64

Peter Breitenlohner peb at mppmu.mpg.de
Mon Mar 29 13:15:28 CEST 2010

On Mon, 29 Mar 2010, Jonathan Kew wrote:

> Second: without understanding the actual messages, I'd say it looks like
> gr::Segment has a copy constructor whose declaration is lacking 'const' on
> its source argument.  You can probably just add that (at Segment.cpp:436
> and Segment.h:67), unless there's some reason why the copy constructor
> really needs a non-const source reference -- which would seem like a poor
> design.  (And report the issue upstream to the graphite project.)

Hi Apostolos, Jonathan,

I just applied a small patch doing just this (r17608).  It seems to me this
is specific for GCC 4.3.2, and not so much for OpenSolaris.

The patch is in a new file:
   libs/graphite/engine-2.3.1-PATCHES/patch-05-copy-constr

Apostolos,

can you please try the new version and tell us about success or failure
(there might however be more of the same kind).

Regards
Peter Breitenlohner <peb at mppmu.mpg.de>