[tlbuild] new build of bibtex/bibtex8: failure when aux file is not in cwd

Manuel Pégourié-Gonnard mpg at elzevir.fr
Fri Jan 29 15:08:15 CET 2010

T T a écrit :
> 2010/1/29 François Charette <firmicus at ankabut.net>:
>> As I said, this is not a problem for most users, but some utilities do
>> appear to call bibtex from a different location. I'm fine with whatever
>> you'll decide. I guess LilyPond and gedit's latex plugin will eventually
>> adapt to this change.
>
> If you don't mind setting `openout_any = a' globally, then just add it
> to your texmf.cnf. That's what I do, so I don't have to remember to
> set it every time I need write access outside the current dir (which
> happens quite often in my case).

Well, it is acceptable as a personal choice, but I wouldn't recommend to make
that the default in any circumstance, so it doesn't solve the problem in general.

How about setting TEXMFOUTPUT to a sensible value? With openout_any = p
(default), programs are allowed to write:
- in subdirectories of the current directory,
- in subdirectories of TEXMFOUTPUT.

Manuel.