[tlbuild] Configure issues with texlive-20091107

Reinhard Kotucha reinhard.kotucha at web.de
Sun Jan 17 02:51:25 CET 2010

On 16 January 2010 Angel Tsankov wrote:

 > Building from source does not seem be a simple task.  I guess for the
 > time being I'll just install TL from the iso image somehow.  Many thanks
 > to everyone for your patience.

Angel,
it is very easy to compile TeX Live from the sources unless you are
on an operating system which is not supported yet.  It's even easy
to compile xindy if you follow the instructions.

TeX Live is a very complex thing.  It takes some time to learn how it
works.  I have the impression that you still don't understand what you
are doing, everything you achieved is actually Norbert's work.

Norbert's patience is impressive indeed.  He guided you step-by-step.
Quite convenient for you but it seems that you didn't learn anything.
Can't you read documentation yourself?

If you are going to provide your own TeX distribution, feel free.  But
please solve problems reported by your users yourself.  Forwarding bug
reports from your users to arbitrary mailing lists is definitely not
acceptable.

Regards,
  Reinhard

Marschnerstr. 25