[tlbuild] Current svn status

Richard Koch koch at math.uoregon.edu
Wed Nov 11 21:36:43 CET 2009

Folks,

We deliberately did not include 64 bit binaries in the universal-darwin part of TeX Live 2009. Now that the release happened, some users would like to try 64 bit binaries. I can easily provide those users will a "fatter" binary package containing 32 bit binaries for Intel and PPC, and 64 bit binaries for Intel.

Then I got to worrying that the svn build portion might be unfrozen, and the binaries built from it might no longer match formats in the release, etc. Is that the case? If not, I'm in great shape; I just won't update my local copy of the svn for a while.

I don't intend to submit these 64 bit binaries to the repository (at least not yet). But I'd like to send them to users who ask and say "just slip these in your texlive/2009/bin/universal-darwin directory and that's all you have to do."

Dick Koch
koch at math.uoregon.edu