[tlbuild] Failure building libsigsegv-2.6 [1.7]

Vladimir Volovich vvv at vsu.ru
Wed Aug 26 16:50:08 CEST 2009

"RK" == Reinhard Kotucha writes:

 RK> clisp is required and only xindy.mem is is built, not the program
 RK> itself.  And you need clisp.

moreover, we have to distribute the clisp executable (which is called
xindy.run on unix and xindy-lisp.exe on woe32 and cygwin), in order to
use this xindy.mem file.

and since we need to distribute clisp executable, we should build it
using a procedure described in
http://tug.org/svn/texlive/trunk/Build/source/utils/README
to minimize shared library dependencies.

the change in xindy 3.0 (which is not yet part of texlive) was that
there is no more a demand for working external modules functionality
(ffi) of clisp, and the build procedure is slightly simplified. but
otherwise, we still need to build a custom clisp.

Best,
v.