[tlbuild] Xindy. clisp and clisp-link in different dirs

Vladimir Volovich vvv at vsu.ru
Fri Jul 25 01:19:26 CEST 2008

"EB" == Edd Barrett writes:

 EB> Hi, I can build xindy for the TL dvd just fine by building clisp
 EB> manually, but when in my test builds for ports, I want to use the
 EB> system installed clisp.

 EB> I am told that no "link kit" is found for clisp, which I assume is
 EB> because linkkit is not in the same place as clisp.

 EB> clisp is in /usr/local/bin linkkit is in /usr/local/lib/clisp and
 EB> is a directory.

 EB> Also in /usr/local/lib/clisp is clisp-link, which may be related?

 EB> Sorry I know nothing about clisp.

 EB> Is there a solution?

xindy's configure automatically detects the location of the linkkit by
querying clisp. it runs this command:

  /path/to/clisp -q -norc -x '(progn (princ *lib-directory*) (values))'

which outputs the directory where clisp-link is expected to be.

what do you get when you run

  /usr/local/bin/clisp -q -norc -x '(progn (princ *lib-directory*)
  (values))'

?

Best,
v.