[tlbuild] test tl2008

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Sun Jun 15 00:12:28 CEST 2008

Hi Thomas,

    just playing with the installer to see if things actually work...

Thanks.

    Sorry if this is not the right place, but I have one question/request

Probably best to send general bug reports to tex-live at tug.org, and keep
this list (tlbuild) specifically for build issues.

    1. Give users the opportunity to escalate their privileges by asking
    for their sudo password

No thanks :).

    2. issue a warning, something like "You don't have sufficient
    privileges to write to the system directories on this computer ...

Somehow I thought we had already done that, but I guess not.  I'll raise
the issue again.

Thanks,
karl