[tlbuild] first build for TeX Live 2008

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Wed May 21 23:48:30 CEST 2008

    with libm, and cfftot1, mmafm, mmpfb, otfinfo, otftotfm, t1dotlessj,
    t1lint, t1reencode and t1testpage also with libstdc++ and libgcc_s;

You are right, the lcdf-typetools still link dynamically against
libstdc++ (they always have).  We aren't going to solve that this year,
unfortunately.  Peter (Breitenlohner) looked at it, and it is not so
easy to drop in the CXXHACK static linking stuff we use for pdftex.

So the lcdf binaries will fail for some people.  Life goes on.

(I guess I figured most distros have their own lcdf-typetools package
available anyway.)

karl