[tlbuild] xdvipdfmx

Olaf Weber olaf at infovore.xs4all.nl
Wed May 21 18:48:24 CEST 2008

Jonathan Kew writes:
> On 20 May 2008, at 7:59 pm, Olaf Weber wrote:

>> The final error I get involves what looks like a problem with the
>> freetype headers, but that might be related to the above issue as
>> well.
>>
>> Build logs appended -- note that I had to fix up and restart a few
>> times.  Compressed for size, first one has the configure stuff.  Last
>> one has the xdvipdfmx failure.

> The xdvipdfmx configure script is not finding the fontconfig library;
> see (in build0.log):

>> checking for fontconfig header files... yes
>> checking for library containing FcInit... no

> I see you ran configure --with-fontconfig=/usr/freeware; I think the
> expectation would then be that libfontconfig.so (or whatever it's
> called on your system) is found in /usr/freeware/lib, and the headers
> in /usr/freeware/include. Is that what you've got?

It should be looking in /usr/freeware/lib32 (IRIX peculiarity) -- so
the immediate fix is to change the configure script here as well as
I did for xetex.  Obviously, until I catch this in an option the
change is not something that can be checked in.

Thanks for spotting this, it completely explains the build failure.

--
Olaf Weber