[tlbuild] first build for TeX Live 2008

Randy Au agilis at gmail.com
Fri May 16 17:52:20 CEST 2008

On Thu, May 15, 2008 at 7:21 PM, Karl Berry <karl at freefriends.org> wrote:
> Hi Randy,
>
> 1) I was wondering if it would be useful to include the binaries you are
>   making on amd64 as a separate architecture.  I admit I'm not exactly
>   clear on all this, but I'm guessing it's comparable to x86_64-linux?

While I'm no expert myself, Freebsd amd64 is a separate kernel tree
and has a separate set of ported software, so it's probably comparable
to x86-64-linux's relationship to i386

> 2) The usual FreeBSD builder (Manfred Lotz) is going to be away for all
>   of June.  Can you build for i386-freebsd too?

If it's as simple as running 'Build --with-fontconfig=...' then
sending a tarball the binaries, then I can set up another VM to build
on a clean Freebsd7-RELEASE install.

~R