[tlbuild] hpux, xetex

Arthur Reutenauer arthur.reutenauer at normalesup.org
Thu May 15 21:36:27 CEST 2008

> Entering directory `/r/ge.unx.sas.com/vol/vol10/u101/tiarno/texlive2008/source/libs/icu-xetex/data'
> /bin/sh: Syntax error at line 7 : `;' is not expected.
> make[2]: *** [out/tmp/res_index.txt] Error 2

  I had this one: in this Makefile there are several occurrences of
things like

	for f in $(SOMEVAR) ; do

where SOMEVAR expands to nothing.  Some shells don't like this, but it
was really not easy to determine which ones.  Apparently, for bash, it
depends on whether a specific patch is applied; it's really not a
version number problem.

	Arthur